At Top of the Woods we want to offer our guests a nature-inspired camping and glamping holidays with an abundance of space that is relaxed and stress-free. In total, we have just 30 pitches across 27 acres of meadow and woodland.
We have 3 types of accommodation for you to choose from, with Jon and I available onsite to ensure you have a fantastic camping holiday break.
1) Meadow camping pitches – 2 huge camping meadows totalling 10 acres of ‘where-you-want’ pitches, with plenty of space, and shade and shelter from the ancient trees and Pembrokeshire hedges. The facilities in the camping meadows include water, recycling points, and of course amazing views of the Preseli Hill in the National Park.
2) Fully furnished meadow bell tents – Relax in one of our 5 quality British-made bell tents set in their own meadow, with stunning views of Frenni Fawr (part of the National Park) and the woodlands. The bell tent meadow also includes a shared self-catering camp kitchen and a compost loo.
Each 5m diameter bell tent has a landscaped pitch and spaciously sleeps up to 4 in complete glamping comfort, including 1 king size & 2 single futon mattress beds, each with feather duvets.
Included inside are rugs, cushions, a kitchen kit, a dining hamper, a wicker storage boxtable, LED lighting, fleece blankets and games for your camping comfort.
Outside each tent includes a fire pit BBQ, a large front canopy with solar fairy lighting, a picnic table with bench seating and of course stunning views of Frenni Fawr, which is part of the Pembrokeshire National Park.
3) Eco-boutique safari lodges – Sit back and unwind in one of our 2 huge safari tent lodges (6x9m), which sleep up to 6 in true glamping luxury. Set in their own meadow, you can get away from the urban living and soak in the national park views and spot the birds of prey such as buzzards and red kites overhead.
Erected on raised timber platforms with a large covered front veranda with safari campaign chairs, oil lanterns and a BBQ/Firepit. The lodges are floor-boarded throughout and include 2 bedrooms with a king size and 2 single beds, complete with feather bedding and linen.
A generous open-plan living area includes 2 designer sofas (converting to 2 twin beds), handmade and exclusive fully furnished kitchens with a stove and running cold water and an elegant handmade dining table with benches, all made onsite from local sustainable wood . There are LED lanterns, beautifully Welsh-made blankets and a games box too.
When you arrive you will receive a welcome hamper of locally sourced artisan goods, to get a taster of the delights of Pembrokeshire.
Places like Penrallt are a rare and special thing in today’s world. Penrallt loosely translates from the Welsh as “top of the woodswoodlands”, and is our 27 acre Georgian farm in the stunning unspoilt Teifi Valley in Pembrokeshire, West Wales.
Our mission is to inspire through nature and to be the best loved eco-holiday business in Wales! Everything we do is inspired by creating something which is sustainable, enriching and unique.
Our guests enjoy an abundance of nature, stunning views and big open skies with almost zero light and noise pollution. The landscape is an idyllic patchwork of meadows and fields bordered by traditional Pembrokeshire hedges, ancient woodlands and crystal clear streams. The site is crossed by paths and trails, and adjoins 325 acres of public access woodlands, complete with shady glades and secret waterfalls.
At Top Of The Woods we offer our guests holiday camping and glamping experiences which celebrate nature and the outdoors, inspire unforgettable memories and help people connect with family and friends, all with minimal ecological impact and with benefit for the surrounding area.
Top of the Woods
Capel Colman Road
Tel: +44(0)1239 842008
- Sleeps Max: Meadow Bell Tents (up to 4) Safari Lodges (up to 6)
- BBQ or Firepit
- Internet Access
- Linen Available
- Linen/Bedding provided
- Parking (Allocated / On site)
- Children welcome / Family Holiday
- Green / Eco Holiday
- Dogs Welcome
Low Season: Bell Tents – £50 per night (Mon-Thurs) £60 per night (Fri-Sun) for 2. Safari Lodges £110 per night (Mon-Thurs) £130 per night (Fri-Sun) for 4
High Season: Bell Tents – £50 per night (Mon-Thurs) £60 per night (Fri-Sun) for 2. Safari Lodges £110 per night (Mon-Thurs) £130 per night (Fri-Sun) for 4[